Friday, December 26, 2008

Vacuum Review


In case you're in the market for a new home vacuum cleaner I would highly recommend the 'Hoover Windtunnel bagged' model. It retails for about $150.00 and is worth every penny. I did some research including paying a visit to a commercial janitorial shop where the commercial lines begin at $400 (Oreck, etc.). Excellent vacuums but quite pricey. I found the Hoover and decided to replace my piece of junk 'Bissell' for Christmas. This model has a 12 amp motor and comes with a 3 year factory warranty. Some of the features include a HEPA filter for allergens and a deep clean "dirtfinder" option which is activated with a switch (although I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want this feature activated all the time), an 8' retractable hose and furniture/stairs/corner attachments which sit in a handy built-in box , and perhaps most importantly, three distinct points of suction behind the beater brush. Most residential grade vacuum cleaners that I'm familiar with only have one point of suction which renders one corner of the vacuum less effective than the other.
Our first use was on a 100% wool area rug from Ikea which we bought about a month ago and which has been shedding fibers ever since. Carpet experts tell me that wool rugs will do that for a while until they lose the loose fibers and then it should stop shedding. These tiny hairs were all over the couch and everyones clothes -- a real pain. I ran the Hoover over it a few times and nearly filled the bag with loose wool fibers. AMAZING! The suction on this little $150 beauty is to be reckoned with. I would highly recommend this model which is the best vacuum I've ever owned. The Hoover WindTunnel Bagged vacuum cleaner really sucks!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sucky vacuum review! (previous post deleted because i can't spell vacuum :) )

    ReplyDelete